Hello angels! Here it is as I promised a diet dessert recipe that doesn’t pile on the calories so eat all you can! Now for the portion sizes I made they were probably about 2 or 3 sins, if you are a member of slimming world, if not it’s got hardly any fat. Tip!!If you’re on a diet use low fat quark instead of crème fraiche and generally cream. However if you make them bigger yes low in fat and calories they may be, the bigger they are the more they will have in them, of course. So please read on for scrumptious treats that won’t pile on the pounds but only the pleasure.
Cheese cake in a jar
Serves: 4 or 10 mini ones
Cook time: Ready in 30 mins plus cooking and chilling time
Ready in: 30-60 mins (suitable for vegetarians)
· 1 and a half tsp of arrowroot
· Juice of 1 orange
· 1tbsp sweetener
· 250g of cherries, stoned and destalked, plus whole cherries for decorating
· 15 amoretti biscuits, crushed
· 300g of quark
· 200g fat free natural yogurt
· (optional) 4 whole almonds, shelled and roughly chopped
1. Measure out 100ml of water and mix 1 tablespoon with the arrowroot to form a paste, and then set this aside.
2. Put the rest of the water in a small pan with the orange juice and 1 teaspoon of sweetener. Bring to the boil over a high heat and then stir in the arrowroot paste until thickened. Return to the boil; add the cherries and simmer for 3-4 mins or until fruit has softened. Then set aside to cool
3. Divide the amoretti biscuits between your jars or dessert glasses and spoon some of the syrup and cherries into each one.
4. Put 250g of quark, the yogurt and the remaining sweetener into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir in most of the cherries and the syrup, divide between the jars or glasses and smooth the tops. Chill for at least 15 mins
5. (optional, if you are including the almonds) Meanwhile dry-fry the almonds in a pan over a high heat for 1-2 mins or just until golden.
6. Finally, top the jars with a final dollop of remaining quark and spoon over the remaining cherries and syrup. Scatter over the almonds if you have included them and finish with a whole cherry/raspberry.
This is a good one to try guys and not too tricky! I based this recipe from one off the sliming world website http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/cherry-cheesecake-in-a-jar.aspx Hope you enjoyed this post guys and let me know if you would like more of these posts. other recipes of mine to check out are my chocolate orange cupcakes
xXx STTS xXx